We will get you the career you want
Whether you are killing it at a T14, at the bottom of the class at an unranked school, or anywhere in between, we can help!
Success in law school is about so much more than grades. Except for a small sliver of jobs, grades can actually be of minimal importance. Depending on your goals, the same can be true about journal articles and other law school “must do’s.” We use our experience working with hundreds of law students and every conceivable type of employer to help you cut through the noise and focus on what matters based on your individual goals. We work for you.
Our full range of services are specifically tailored to each client. Here is some of what we offer:
Finding and Applying to Jobs
- Identifying and applying to employers that are the best fit for your career plan, including semester work & externships, 1L & 2L summers and postgraduate.
- Outreach to employers on your behalf
- Networking assistance and access to our international network of practitioners
- OCI preparation
- Résumé and cover letter review and editing
- Writing sample review and critique
- Mock interviews
- Continued advice and support throughout your career
- Setting and refining short and long term goals
- Effectively utilizing your law school’s resources
- Long and short term career management strategy
- Advice related to non-traditional career paths
- Course selection (including externships and clinics)
- Creating a time management and prioritization plan
For those of you who need some extra academic help we also offer:
- Program and course selection
- Study Skills
- Legal Writing
- Bar Exam preparation
Inflection Life is led by Neil Sirota. Most recently, Neil served as a Career Services Dean, overseeing increases in employment rate at two different law schools. Neil began his career as an associate in the New York and Palo Alto offices of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP and worked as a legal headhunter in New York and Washington DC. He also spent two years working as a volunteer with development and human rights organizations in Myanmar and and Thailand.
As a career counselor, Neil has worked with hundreds law students and lawyers, helping them launch and build careers in law firms of all sizes, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations.
We provide a hands-on individualized approach to helping you achieve your goals. Contact us today to receive our 6 Keys to Law School Success and set up your free consultation!